28 November 2008

Random Photos on my Camera This Week ...




Busy week this week with very little time to do anything other than be busy. However, I did manage to take a few photos along the way. A gorgeous morning sky greeted me when I drew back the curtains on Wednesday (or was it Tuesday)




Just a couple of my purchases from the Talent 4 Textiles in Ilminster - photos on Niki's and Lizzie's blogs - a 5ft gorgeous recovered red eiderdown which is a real heavyweight ...




and this pretty floral sprigged 4ft6in feather and down filled eiderdown - soft and cosy.





There were lots more purchases both at the Fair and elsewhere this week, but so far I haven't had a chance to unpack them all, although this petit-point bag in excellent condition is just one.


And when I finally got up after a bit of a lie-in this morning I was greeted by glorious sunshine and just had to pop outside and take a few photos of the jasmine growing against the front of the house, and the trees in the gardens of the houses opposite.



This silver birch is a welcome sight in any season. In the early autumn the starlings congregate in its branches several times a day. On a frosty night its twigs and branches glisten in the moonlight

And these wonderful red berries almost glow in the sunshine. They last for what seems like months before the blackbirds finally attack them!


One of the dealers at Dairy House has suggested we hold a Christmas Fair. I don't think we'll be able to do anything too dramatic in the short space of time available, but we are seriously contemplating having a late-night opening before Christmas. Mulled wine and mince pies of course, and some background Christmas carols perhaps. I hope we can organise it in time - bearing in mind advertising will have to be arranged, too. Might be fun!
Have a lovely weekend one and all. I shall be unloading a load of logs at DH tomorrow, following which I hope to saw up some lengths of 2" x 1" wood to make some shelving. When that's done I'll be heating up some soup on the woodburner and hopefully serving a shopful of customers as well!!!

















2 comments:

Sal said...

Looks like another busy Saturday for you then Sue!
Hope your weekend goes well ;-)

Monica said...

Love your purchases, especially the gorgeous eiderdowns!! Need to be warm, these days :(!
... And Nature around you is even more gorgeous!

Have a relaxing w.e.,

Monica x.