12 December 2006

Christmas is coming ...

... and I've ordered the turkey! I've even bought a few prezzies and started to write the Christmas cards. But I started to write the cards back in November at the 3-day Shepton Antiques Fair on the quiet Sunday afternoon, and have ignored them ever since. So ... will they be posted before Christmas or after? I ask myself this every year, and somehow I seem to manage to pull out all the stops. As far as I know they usually arrive at their destination in time to wish the recipients a Happy Christmas.

This year I have to include our change of address, and also wanted to let people know that Mum's coming to live next door, but we're still waiting for exchange of contracts on her sale and a completion date, so I don't want to tempt fate. Consequently I can't possibly post any cards yet!

No Christmassy photos to hand, but I thought
you might like to see what we left behind when we moved. We had an uninterrupted view of some magnificent sunsets and this is just one of many that I have photographed.
The Fairs are finished now until mid-January so I have no excuse for not getting on with Christmas, although we're off to Northampton on Thursday afternoon to pack boxes ready for Mum's move. Perhaps I should be in panic mode, as it's suddenly occurred to me that I should be taking the prezzies for family and friends with us ... and I'm out all day tomorrow, Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning. Woops!
It's a good thing I work well under pressure ...

6 comments:

Clare and Mike said...

Hi Sue, I'm hoping to get my cards written this evening - and who knows, maybe even posted by the end of the week!!! Lovely sunset by the way - will your next post include a photo of the Christmas tree?! Clare x

The fabric of my life said...

Hahaha yes nothing like a bit of adrenalin to get the Christmas tasks done and dusted!

Nonnie said...

Know what you mean about working under pressure. I seem to have left everything a bit to the last minute despite starting off quite well in November. It'll all get done though.
Beautiful photo. You must miss that lovely view.

Anonymous said...

beautiful sunset pic Sue! Hope you are having fun and getting caught up with all those little Christmas jobs.

Peg said...

I've just found you blog and really enjoyed reading it and I love the downstairs loo. I think you were right not to have the walls plastered. Our dsl is also small, can't swing a cat in it, not that I've ever tried....
Looking fwd to reading more :o)

Peg

Vintage to Victorian said...

Thank you all for your comments - and hello Peg. Hope to 'see' you again soon.