22 May 2007

Corners of My Garden

I've just been out to photograph a few flowers - I should have done it an hour or so earlier as the flash has distorted the colours slightly. However, I hope you'll excuse the error and share in my enjoyment.


The cup and saucer in the last photo are from a Paragon bone china coffee set I bought at auction at the weekend. The pot has been glued back together (badly) but is pretty, nonetheless, and the cream jug has several hairline cracks. Mum loves it, so she has the pot, jug and sugar bowl on display (the repairs don't really show), but the set of six cups and saucers (perfect) are for sale - £15 plus p&p.


Enjoy!




10 comments:

Clare and Mike said...

Hi Sue,

Thanks for sharing those pretty photos - what are the purple flowers/shrub?

The cup and saucer are lovely, they look right at home in the flowers - I'm sure they won't hang around long, they sound like a bargain!

Clare x

Vintage to Victorian said...

Hi Clare - They're campanula muralis - a long-lived, invasive perennial (suits me fine!) - and spread like mad if you want some. They flower for a long period (anything from May to November) and then you can just pull the dead flower stems out in handfuls, leaving the main plant in situ ready for next year. Sue

Shammickite said...

That sounds like the sort of plant that I would like in my garden! No trouble, just talk to it nicely and it behaves.
Nice photos, but I wish there was a cuppa tea in the cup and saucer!

photowannabe said...

Nice flowers and the cup and saucer are really pretty. They make a nice arrangement.

Ragged Roses said...

Lovely flowers Sue, Gorgeous cup and saucer too! I've got the campanula in my garden and it's a great one to have around!
Kimx

Cape Cod Washashore said...

Lovely posies! Such pretty colors! And that cup and saucer are darling!

AC said...

What a lovely cup and saucer and such lovely flowers.
Alison

Niki Fretwell said...

Hi Sue,
I think the Irises enjoyed that hot spell we had back in April, they seem to have performed very well this year....they have been popping up on lots of blogs!

The china is very pretty.

Have fun in your garden,
Niki x

Anita said...

I enjoyed those photos, too! And the cup looks very pretty as well!

Ah, campanula muralis, interesting! I like all kind of campanulas but I do not yet know this one.

Happy gardening!

Best wishes from Germany,
Anita

Boxwood Cottage said...

Gorgeous flower pictures and cup and saucer Sue! I love campanulas too and grow a variety of them in my garden which are soon to bloom!Happy Pentecost weekend! Carol xox