30 May 2008

Sublime to Ridiculous ...

I may be OK sitting at a computer and taking photos with my digital camera and uploading them, but give me a mobile phone with a camera and I have no hope. For some reason I can (sometimes) take photos but then lose them and any I manage to keep I can't send to anyone which rather defeats the object to my mind.

Especially yesterday evening! Did you see (we were captured by national television) the flooding in and around Shepton Mallet and other parts of the West Country? I was driving from DH to Shepton to see Gillie and drove through flash flooding the likes of which I've only ever seen on television. Then I had to drive past the Bath & West Showground (where the antiques fairs are held) at about 7.30 last evening only to find that visitors to the Bath & West Agricultural Show were struggling to get out of the site, and the road was flooded. Veritable rivers of water were flowing through the bottoms of hedges, down the verge and straight across the road, or rather across the muddy pond that I and a hundred or more other cars were trying to drive through. At one point it was flowing so fast it looked as if the cars facing me were going backwards. Quite scary, but I live to tell the tale. Unfortunately I can't show you pictures (although I took two with my mobile). It wasn't until I got home that I remembered I had my camera with me and I could have got some superb muddy water shots to prove I was there!!!

Those desperate to see it, you can look here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1022936/Householders-evacuate-homes-flash-flooding-hits-Britain-torrential-rain.html and on several other news sites - although of course none of them makes it look as bad as it was when you were actually there!!!!

No comments: