04 December 2008

(Very) Chilly Day, Dairy House and a CL Photoshoot

No photos for this one, but was it as cold for you as it was for me over at Dairy House yesterday? I kept the woodburner going fairly well for most of the day, which was a good thing because the model for a Country Living photoshoot was able to change from one thin dress into another one in front of it.

CL were shooting for a spring issue barely 100 yards away from DH and, provided the right photos are used, you could well see some Vintage to Victorian eiderdowns, blankets and fabric, and a couple of DH ticking bolsters in the April magazine. And we're promised a mention in the credits.

I've definitely decided we'll have a late night opening on 18 December, and hopefully combine it with a get together of the dealers. I've done a few flyers which are dotted around DH in case any customers are free to pop in. I shall keep it low-key as it's a last-minute decision. Perhaps next year we'll organise something a bit better. However, I now have to decide where to put an ad, or whether to just distribute some flyers around Shaftesbury. I'll have a chat with a couple of the dealers who will be in on Saturday and we'll see what we come up with.

I took Mum to the late-night shopping evening in Somerton this evening. It poured with rain, but the lights looked just as good as they do in the photos in the last post. We had a giggle or two, so I'm glad we went.

I still can't get my head round the fact that Christmas Day is 3 weeks today. Heyho ...

5 comments:

Redwoodhouse said...

Hi Sue, Country Living....my goodness how exciting. Hope you had your best hat on and got in on the pictures!!
I would love to make it over to Shaftesbury sometime it came up in conversation the other day and a friend said how lovely a place it is.
The Dairy House sounds such a great place such an interesting thing to do.
Lovely standing by the woodburner isn't it..stay cosy...
Jan

Sal said...

The DH sounds a fine place to be at Christmas time!
Glad to hear that you will soon be famous ;-)

BusyLizzie said...

hey ho.. or ho ho ho?!
Liz xx

Niki Fretwell said...

Hi Sue,
Can't wait to see you in print next year...just as well you didn't have your camera - you couldn't really plaster images of the beautiful CL model changing in front of your woodburner, could you?!

Glad that you both had a lovely evening - we went into Bath - thankfully it stayed dry...had a Chinese meal out too - could get used to that...
Keep warm,
Niki x

Monica said...

Hi Sue,
... how EXCITING! Hope to be able to have that CL issue! Can't wait to see the pics!
Lovely lights in Somerton, I'll post about some near here soon, too.
Hope you are having a lovely 'countdown';)

Monica x.