13 February 2007

What A Difference A Day Makes ...



We have a blocked off doorway, new plaster, wiring for a heated towel rail and I now have a vision of what the bathroom might look like. Paul has taken to offering up a tile to various walls (believe me, this is a good and positive sign). The builder is coming again tomorrow, the electrician will come if needed and the bathroom suite is being delivered. Hopefully the plumber will arrive on Thursday and replace some of the old with some of the new. I understand Thursday is bath day, which hopefully means Friday will be loo and basin day. Not sure about the shower, but TIME WILL TELL ... which is the norm as far as plumbers are concerned ...

My vision includes the tiles I've now decided ARE what I'd like, and I can see a peg rail where little vintage fabric bags containing bathroom bits hang happily. I've got to work on the rest of the vision ... haven't quite got it all yet!!

Meanwhile, no sooner had I posted last evening's blog than I picked up a tin of Crown Solo Honey Cream matt emulsion (used in our last cottage to very good effect) and tested it in each room to see whether it would look OK throughout the house. When I got to the kitchen with my little 1" brush in one hand and a G&T in the other I decided to keep going. I must admit I changed to a slightly larger brush, but not a full size emulsion brush as I was only playing, and NOT DOING SERIOUS DECORATING. I achieved so much and it looked fine this morning. So that is the colour for the kitchen, and I'll probably finish it later tonight.

So, today has been a good day! I've spent the day in the Antiques Centre and now that it's beginning to filter through to the other dealers that I'm leaving I've been quite touched by their good wishes and requests to stay. However, I'm looking forward to making more of my space at Semley and feel I'm doing the right thing.

6 comments:

photowannabe said...

Love to see the progress. It makes everything feel worthwhile. It will be happy Thursday soon.

Clare and Mike said...

Hi Sue, great to see it shaping up - like the sound of the peg rail and bags! Hope the rest of the week sees it all falling into place. Glad to hear the paint for the kitchen look good - can't wait to visit! Clare x

Niki Fretwell said...

What a difference indeed! Glad things are progressing so well for you now....Hope you have some more visions today!

Niki.x

Joanna said...

Its great to see someone else doing work on there house. Looks like you doing more than us. I think I might try that paint brush thing in the kitchen with some cream paint I'm not sure how much longer I can stand the green, it clashes with the rayburn and tiles.

Nonnie said...

Good to see you are making progress. I hope by now the bath is in and they are making progress with the rest today. I really like the sound of your little peg rail. That's something I've always thought of doing in a bathroom and one day, when I'm not in a rented place I will. Looking forward to seeing how the decorating comes on.

Anonymous said...

I remember going through this - we added half a house to our old farmhouse, finshed result is fantastic but I was nearly tearing my hair out by the end! Thanks for the lovely comments Sue and great to see the progress on the house