09 August 2007

Improving ...

Thanks for your suggestions etc. I managed to post a query to the help desk eventually. Haven't had a response but they say you don't get one unless they need further information. However ... I can now get my blog on my screen ... eventually ... provided I wait a couple of minutes for it to arrive. The brown background arrives ... and I wait ... and wait ... and then the rest follows. But at least once it arrives it stays put and doesn't whizz off somewhere else as it was doing this morning. So with a little patience and the wind in the right direction, maybe, just maybe, by tomorrow normal service will be resumed ...

In the meantime, I have managed to pop over to your blogs this evening with no difficulty which is a relief. It was quite alarming to think I wouldn't be able to get my evening fix of all your news.

I'm seriously wondering if it has something to do with my keyboard, which seems to have acquired a mind of its own in the last 24 hours. I used to have a similar problem years ago and unplugging and reconnecting the keyboard seemed to do the trick. In those days the problem from time to time was that whatever key I pressed a backward slash would appear on the screen, so it's knickers were well and truly twisted. This is, of course, a different keyboard, and a different computer but the keyboard has had a lot of use. Once I find one that 'works' for me and allows me to type at the speed I want without tiring my fingers (can't stand the keyboards with spongy keys - much prefer 'clacky' keyboards that let my fingers fly) I use it for every computer upgrade until I have squeezed every ounce of life out of it. This refers more to the days of self-employment working from home, sitting at my computer all day every day for 16 years typing texts and manuscripts for legal publishers. Thank goodness I have since 'got a life' and now just use the keyboard and attached computer more for pleasure than for earning a crust!

Will keep you posted and might in the meantime have to buy a new keyboard ... although I think I might have a spare lurking somewhere. I was so pleased with this one when I bought it (only £6.99 from the local supermarket at the time) that I bought two!! I just hope the spare moved house with us last year ... I wonder where it could be ...

2 comments:

Shammickite said...

Hi Sue: all seems to be well right now. Everything showing up at the right speed and looking good. So whatever it was that was affecting your blog, I hope it's gone away for good!

Ragged Roses said...

Things seem to be normal this morning Sue - fingers crossed ...
Kim x