25 April 2009

County Boundary and Other Stories ...












Have you ever seen anything quite like this? A couple of weeks ago I had to stop and take these photos whilst en route to Dairy House. I left home in brilliant sunshine, not a cloud in the sky, with the prospect of a glorious, warm and sunny day.


Some miles into my journey I was aware that I was driving towards cloud - lots of it - and the closer I got I knew I was going to have to pull up and take photos. Unfortunately I couldn't stop until I was almost under the demarcation line, but you can still see the stark contrast between a practically cloudless sky of Somerset and the heavy mass which hung over Dorset.

It was as if there was an invisible Siegfried line in the sky. It also reminded me of a line of cows in a field munching their way through the grass at an electric fence barrier. I saw some today but, the story of my blog photo life, I couldn't stop to take a piccie.


A week or so ago I mentioned the cowslips on the verges. This is the best photo I've managed to take so far, but maybe there'll be more as the days go on.




Last weekend was, as you know, the Rag Market at Bridport. (Check out Lindiblog for photos) As West Bay was only 1½ miles away I decided that a quick sea blow was required before driving home.





I'm not too sure what sort of weather we should be expecting over the next few days - it seems to change with every forecast - but it'll be interesting to see if there are any more phenomena to jam on the brakes for!
Have a jolly weekend !











8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those cowslips are lovely, I wish they grew round here.
Take Care
Melanie xx

Clare said...

Amazing clouds and I love the cowslips. Have a great week.

Niki Fretwell said...

Fabulous cloud photos Sue.
There were very similar ones sent into 'Points West' last week, for the weather picture..was that you?!

Hope you have lots of photo opportunities next week,
Niki x

Sue at Dollytub Cottage said...

Hi, I love the cloud piccies, just like Santa's beard. SueX

Sal said...

The cowslips in my garden have been lovely this year.
Your cloud photos are fab!!
;-)

Anonymous said...

It never ceases to amaze me, how the elements behave. I remember being in a railway carriage once when it was raining cats and dogs out of one window and dry as a bone out of the other.

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

Hi Sue
As usual I am trying to catch up with the blog posts on your blog..
I did indeed see this sky and took a photo of it myself which I was going to send to you along with an overdue email.. all good intentions as usual!
I hope we can catch up for a natter at the fair but then part of me would like it to be very busy with no time for chat!
Michele x

Louise said...

That is an amazing cloud formation. I can't ever recall noticing anything quite like it. So handy to have your camera on this occasion. x