31 July 2007

Won't be long ...

Thanks to everyone for your lovely comments and good wishes. You've certainly spurred me on and made me determined that this thing is going to work!

Another couple of hours and it'll be August 1. I've nearly done as much as I know I can achieve in the time left before Vintage to Victorian becomes a reality rather than a far off dream.

It's been fun (well, sort of) these last few weeks and I've learned so much in a short space of time. Each hurdle jumped (it's felt like that) has seen me grinning like a Cheshire cat when I've worked out what to do the hard way - the supposed "Help" with the website package I bought leaves an awful lot to be desired and hasn't helped at all. Trial and error is certainly a good way to learn.

I hope you'll all pop in and have a look - feedback welcome! I'd be grateful if you'd let me know if the text is too small to read by the time it's transmitted to your screens. It looks OK on mine, but you never know ...

You'll be able to click on some of the photos to enlarge them, but not all. That's because I didn't learn how to do that until I was well into filling the pages and there was too much else to do to go back and do them again. Just wave the cursor over them and you'll soon know whether it's worth clicking on them or not!

Right - that's enough chat. Got to get on ... photos to upload, text to write, checks to be done and I'd really like to 'go live' at midnight!

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

AC said...

Good luck...I hope everything goes well:-)
Alison x

Shammickite said...

I'll check it out later. Your midnight is my 7pm, so when I get back from the hospital, I'll fire up your site and give it the once-over.... or maybe even the twice-over!!